Wednesday, November 28, 2012

So this is what a normal weekend is like!

This weekend was an anomaly.  All we did was buy stuff at Home Depot and Canadian Tire.

We started out with the best of intentions.  We did sleep in on Saturday (very unusual for us).  I did my run; Rob had a haircut.  Then out we went to Home Depot for an hour.  I knitted while Rob trolled the aisles.  A fellow walked by me and laughed.  I said it helped me pass the time while my guy was hunting for stuff.  He said he wife does the exact same thing.  Great minds!

Then we came home.  We were a tad tired, plus it was minus 15.  We had a little rest, because we were going to friends for dinner at 5:30, so no point starting anything.

On Sunday we slept in again!  And woke up to minus 23.  Game over.  Certainly not going out in that.  So we did long-abandoned house chores.  And then nestled in to watch the Grey Cup. I even had time to knit and quilt. It was glorious!

So our poor little Monster Garage was untouched.  But it sure was nice to have a normal life like other people on the weekend.  Heck, we have a roof, doors and windows--what more do we need?

No comments:

Post a Comment